Roller Doors in Cyclone and High Wind areas need to have special design considerations. They need to consider the building code AS/NZS 4505:2012. To this end, Taurean Door Systems whose quality design and value, made possible by decades of design knowledge can provide their “WINDSTRONG DOOR” to meet your building code obligations of having a Wind Locked Door.
How do Wind Locks work? The WINDSTRONG™ Windlock Roller Door has a riveted wind-clip at every second flat on the roller door curtain. These are at a spacing of 7 clips per metre on each side of the door. When the door is in the closed position every wind-clip is supported by two steel brackets that are attached to the track. These brackets in turn are fixed to the door Jamb. Have a look at this detailed technical brochure. Windstrong doors are classified for use both as a Domestic door in Class 1 and 10 buildings to 20,000 cycles, and as a General Purpose – Medium Cycle door in Class 1 to 10 buildings to 20,000 cycles.
Each WINDSTRONG™ door has a stylish curtain made from the highest quality steel and is available in a wide range of popular colours and in very wide range of opening sizes up to 3100 high is series A and 5100mm high in Series B and up to 5400mm wide series AA…to suit single and double car garages for your home and larger sheds and buildings.
How to Order Windstrong™ Roller Doors
- Go here for “Series B” Larger Industrial Size Windstrong Doors.
- Confirm height of your buildings opening. This will tell you how much material you require on the roll.
- Confirm the width of opening you are fitting door to and add 100mm for tracks.
- Scroll down to order section below.
- Select the correct door size below based on your required width and height.
- Select door colour you want.
- Enter specific door curtain width required in the box provided.
- Select your location to allow for transport cost from Factory to Depot.
- Choose delivery to site if required ($154.00 for 1 or more doors).
- Add a Remote Motor if desired. (select a windstrong model)
- Select protective door wrapping if you desire it.
- Proceed to Check out once your done selecting and adding to shopping cart.
- We will contact you to confirm door measurements before manufacturing.
Other Roller Doors Available
- Domestic Roller doors – Series A & AA
- Industrial – Bigger Roller doors – Series B
- Windstrong Series B Roller doors – Series B Windstrong
- Installation instructions – Series A Domestic – Windstrong doors