Roller Doors in Cyclone and High Wind areas need to have special design considerations. They need to consider the building code AS/NZS 4505:2012. To this end, Taurean Door Systems whose quality design and value, made possible by decades of design knowledge can provide their “WINDSTRONG DOOR” to meet your building code obligations of having a Wind Locked Door.
How do Wind Locks work? The WINDSTRONG™ Windlock Roller Door has a riveted wind-clip at every second flat on the roller door curtain. These are at a spacing of 7 clips per metre on each side of the door. When the door is in the closed position every wind-clip is supported by two steel brackets that are attached to the track. These brackets in turn are fixed to the door Jamb. Have a look at this detailed technical brochure.
Windstrong doors are classified for use both as a Domestic door in Class 1 and 10 buildings to 20,000 cycles, and as a General Purpose – Medium Cycle door in Class 1 to 10 buildings to 20,000 cycles.
How to Order Windstrong™ Roller Doors
- For “Series B” Larger Industrial Size Windstrong Doors. Go here
- Confirm the height & width of your building’s opening. This will tell you how much material you require on the roll.
- Select the correct door size below based on your required width and height.
- Select the door colour you want.
- Enter specific door curtain width required in the box provided. Opening plus 100mm
- Select your location
- Add a powerful Grifco LR-Drive Remote Motor so you can stay dry and out of the weather.
- Protective door wrapping is recommended.
- Delivery to the site is $155 to most locations. Or during checkout, you can choose to pick up from a Stramit depot for free.
- We will contact you to confirm door measurements before manufacturing.
Find out how to install this product
Each WINDSTRONG™ door has a stylish curtain made from the highest quality steel and is available in a wide range of popular colours and in very wide range of opening sizes up to 3100 high is series A and 5100mm high in Series B and up to 5400mm wide series AA…to suit single and double car garages for your home and larger sheds and buildings.
Other Roller Doors Available